Call for one trainer in EDC/HRE from Estonia
Description of the training:
The Academy is a regional training programme supporting to build democratic functioning schools reflecting a climate of openness, inclusiveness and respect in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Its aim to strengthen the capacity of school heads, teachers and community actors to apply and promote human rights education (HRE) and education for democratic citizenship (EDC). The training promotes a whole school approach and is based on Council of Europe tools and materials. Please find more information here:
One trainer will be selected by the EWC in cooperation with the other organizers. We invite candidates to apply who bring with them:
• A proven record in developing, conducting and evaluating EDC/ HRE trainings for teachers, school heads and/ or educators from non-formal education;
• Sound knowledge and experiences working specific topics such as democratic school governance, EDC/ HRE teaching and learning activities for the classroom, teachers’ competences.
• Knowledge about and experiences with working in/ with schools / the formal education system in Estonia and/ or the Baltic countries.
• Good Estonian and English language skills.
Considered an asset:
• Prior experiences in working with Council of Europe manuals and tools;
• Experiences with facilitating follow-up and support of schools (via online platform, emails)
• Knowledge and experiences in working with democratic school development / school projects.
The training will be carried out by a team of three trainers with international and local experiences and in consultation with the organizers.
The trainer is expected to:
• participate and contribute actively to the 2-days preparatory meeting which will be facilitated in parts by the head trainer design of the programme of the training together with the team as well as support tool and materials needed;
• implement the training programme in collaboration with the other trainers;
• participate in the evaluation of the training (through daily trainer debriefing meetings and written evaluation);
• facilitate the implementation of school projects online (via email or an online platform, this will be specified during the preparation meeting).
Participation is required in:
The preparatory meeting for trainers/ organizers: 24-25 April in Riga/ Latvia
The Academy (in-person training): 1-7 July (Latvia)
Follow-up of school based-projects: November 2017 – May 2018
Time involvement & trainer fee:
• A two-day preparatory meeting is planned for 24-25 April 2017 in Riga;
• The trainers will need to arrive 1 July in Riga until 7th depending on the final evaluation meeting (will be specified during the preparation meeting);
• The trainers will contribute to the final evaluation report in written, after the training;
• 1-2 trainers will work on the online follow-up of projects, with approximately 1 working day per month from November 2017 to May 2018;
• Each trainer will receive a fee in line with CoE/ EWC standards of 200-250 EUR / day for the preparatory meeting and the training. The follow-up work will come in addition with a reduced fee per day;
• Travel costs will be covered or reimbursed according to actual expenses. Accommodation and food during the preparation meeting and the training will be covered by the organizers.
All candidates must apply by filling in the expression of interest in this form:
And submit it latest March 27, 2017 to the EWC: Ms Laura Ligazzolo: email@example.com
Selection will be done by March 30. Only the successful candidate will be notified.