The selected candidate will have the responsibility to develop and run the Online learning component of the Programme. He or she will join the European Wergeland Centre’s team based in Oslo but will closely cooperate with our team and partners in Ukraine.
• Planning and managing the process of development, piloting and evaluation of massive open online courses (MOOCs) for teachers
• Planning and managing implementation of blended learning courses for teachers
• Planning and managing the process of development, piloting and evaluation of online learning materials for school students
• Communication with partners in Norway and Ukraine, including traveling when necessary for meetings in Kyiv and other cities of Ukraine
• Financial planning, control and tracking of expenses under the Programme component “Online learning” in cooperation with Programme Manager
• Reporting to donor on online learning related issues in cooperation with the Programme Manager
• Other responsibilities identified within the Online learning component of the Programme
• Advice on and contribute to development of online components of other EWC programs
• Profound experience in online education, e.g. development of MOOCs and online learning materials
• Relevant education in the field
• Experience of working with teacher trainers, teachers and school students is an asset
• Preferably experience in management of educational / social change projects
• International experience, preferably from Ukraine or neighboring countries is an asset
• Good communication skills and ability to work both independently and in a team
• Fluent English skills (written and oral) are essential, knowledge of Ukrainian / Russian is an asset.
Applicants must have a valid working permit in Norway.
What we offer
• Work on an interesting and meaningful educational project
• International working environment in the centre of Oslo with traveling opportunities to Ukraine and other countries
• Salary upon agreement
• Employment: 100%
• Office space in Oslo city center
• Subsidised phone expenses
• Occupational pension (OTP)
Contract duration: 3 years with a possibility of prolongation
Preferred starting date is March 2018 or as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of interest in English electronically following the link.
Applications sent per e-mail or per post will not be considered.
If you have any questions with regards to the position, please contact Senior Adviser Iryna Sabor at email@example.com.
Deadline for the application is 15 January 2018.
Interviews for the selected candidates will take place in January/February.
About the Employer
The European Wergeland Centre (EWC) is a resource centre on education for democratic citizenship, human rights and intercultural understanding established by the Council of Europe and Norway in 2008. The Centre serves education professionals, researchers, policy makers, representatives of civil society and others in the 47 member states of Council of Europe. EWC is located in Oslo and has 10 employees. We are an international team with English as a working language.